To complete the phonics offering in our bookstore, we have added two more phonics workbooks to the kindergarten workbook already on sale.
Phonics B workbook
This workbook at the grade 1 – 2 level focuses on:
- the h brothers (the ch, ph, sh, th, wh sounds),
- consonant s-, l, and r-blends,
- the qu, tw and wr blends,
- ending consonant blends, such as st, mp, rf, ck, rp and ll,
- long vowel sounds,
- silent e words,
- soft c and g words,
- vowel digraphs, such as ai, ea, oi and oy,
- inflection endings: -s/-es, -ed, -ing.
Structure of the phonics B workbook
This workbook treats each group of sounds in sections. For example, the h brothers is covered in the first section of five worksheets, where students practice the mix of ch, ph, sh, th and wh sounds.
Here are a couple of those worksheets:
Phonics C workbook
This workbook builds on the phonics A and B workbooks, focusing on more complex phonics:
- r-controlled sounds: ar, ear, er, ir, or and ur,
- not r-controlled sounds: air, ear, eer ire, our,
- trigraph consonant blends: scr, shr, spl, str, thr,
- long and short a phonograms: a, a_e, ei, ay, ei words,
- long and short e phonograms: e, ea, e_e, ei, ie words,
- long and short I phonograms: I, i_e, ie, igh, ig, y words,
- long and short o phonograms: o, o_e, oa, oe, ow words,
- long and short u phonograms: u, u_e, ie, ui, ew, oo ou words,
- silent e words.
Structure of the phonics C workbook
Similar to the phonics B workbook, this workbook contains worksheets in chapters of groups of words. Each chapter starts with the individual sound followed by mixed practice of several sounds.
Here are three of the trigraph consonant blends worksheets:
Answer pages included
Answers are included at the end of each workbook in case there is any confusion by the parent or educator about the what the pictures portray.