Effective Date: July 12, 2021
This website is intended for parents, tutors, teachers and other adults to find, download and print quality learning materials for their children or students.
We do not have any online activities for children, and our web pages are not directed at children. Children cannot create accounts or log in to our website. We do not collect data from, or about, children in any way.
Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act) as we do not collect information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website is directed at adults.
Personal Information Collection & Use
We collect information from site users when they complete and submit a form on our website, including when they create an account, purchase a workbook, subscribe to our newsletter, download our free ebook, enter a contest, respond to a survey or use our contact forms.
You can control your browser’s settings regarding cookies through your browser's options. This will allow you to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, have your browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or disable cookies altogether. However, if you disable cookies in your browser certain features of our website may not work properly.
Use of Information
We may use the information we collect from you in the following ways:
- to provide our products and services to you;
- to provide support for our products and services;
- for our own internal record keeping;
- to communicate with you;
- to respond to your customer service requests;
- to process your transactions;
- to administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature;
- to develop new products or services;
- to send periodic emails regarding the status of or changes to our services or site features;
- to send marketing, marketing research or promotional materials or newsletters by email, including advertorial emails from third parties, which you may unsubscribe from if you wish;
- for other research, analytical and statistical purposes.
Contests and Promotions:
We may offer contests and other promotions that may require registration. By entering any contest or promotion, personally identifiable information may be disclosed to third parties in connection with the administration of such, contest or promotion, including, without limitation, in connection with winner selection, prize fulfillment and as otherwise required by law or permitted by the promotion’s rules.
Opting Out of Marketing Communications
You may opt out of receiving updates, notifications, and/or newsletters by following the instructions provided within those communications, or, if you have an account, de-selecting the corresponding boxes on your email preferences page.
Disclosures of Information
We do not sell or disclose the personal information about you described above to nonaffiliated parties except to provide you with products or services, when we have your permission, or under the circumstances listed below. We do not disclose your personal information to third parties for those third parties’ own marketing purposes.
- In response to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, from law enforcement agencies or regulators, or as otherwise required by law;
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of us or other persons, including to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, or technical issues, or anything else that we may consider to be, or pose a risk of being, an illegal, unethical, or legally actionable activity;
- As we deem appropriate to attempt to prevent physical or emotional harm to other persons and/or to their property based on overt or implied threat;
- In connection with an actual or proposed corporate merger, acquisition, asset purchase, or other transaction or proceeding involving all or part of the business or assets to which the information pertains; and
- To other companies, such as direct marketers to perform marketing services on our behalf, or other institutions with whom we have joint marketing agreements.
We may also disclose aggregate, anonymous, or de-identified information about users for marketing, advertising, research, compliance, or other purposes.
We have implemented safeguards to protect the information we collect. However, no data security measures can guarantee security. In particular, no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure and any information disclosed online can potentially be collected and used by parties other than the intended recipient. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
If you have any questions about your privacy or security measures at K5, please contact us.
117-1641 Lonsdale Avenue
North Vancouver, B.C.