The worksheets in this section range from simple subtraction of 2-digit numbers to subtracting large numbers with multiple regroupings.
Let’s take you through the worksheets available.
Subtraction without regrouping
There are four sets of multi-digit subtraction with no regrouping worksheets in this section:
- 2 to 3-digit minus 1-digit worksheets with no regrouping
- 2-digit minus 2-digit worksheets with no regrouping
- 3-digit minus 3-digit worksheets with no regrouping
- 4-digit minus 4-digit worksheets with no regrouping
This is what the 2-digit minus 2-digit worksheet with no regrouping looks like:
Multi-digit subtraction with regrouping
Following is a set of worksheets that focus on drilling regrouping in multi-digit subtraction:
- 2-digit minus 1-digit subtraction with regrouping
- 2-digit minus 2-digit subtraction with regrouping
- 3-digit minus 2-digit subtraction with regrouping
3-digit minus 3-digit subtraction with regrouping
- Subtracting up to 4 digits with regrouping
- Subtracting up to 5 digits with regrouping
- Subtracting up to 8 digits with regrouping
This worksheet covers subtracting up to 8 digits with regrouping.
Horizontal subtraction practice
Next, we tackle multi-digit subtraction on the horizontal. This is a mental math exercise:
- Horizontal subtraction with no regrouping
- Horizontal subtraction with regrouping
- Horizontal subtraction of up to 2-digit numbers
- Horizontal subtraction of up to 3-digit numbers
The 2-digit horizontal subtraction worksheet looks like this:
These subtraction tables help students drill multi-digit subtraction in a concise way. We have two sets of worksheets: 1-digit subtrahends and 2-digit subtrahends.
This table shows the 2-digit subtrahend exercise:
Worksheets covering missing minuends and subtrahends
The next level of difficulty is working through exercises of missing minuends and subtrahends. These worksheets are organized as follows:
- Subtraction with missing numbers (no regrouping)
- Subtraction with missing numbers (with regrouping)
- Subtraction with missing numbers (2-digits)
- Subtraction with missing numbers (3-digits)
This worksheet has students working on missing numbers with regrouping:
Subtracting tens, hundreds and thousands practice
The final section of worksheets covers the subtraction of tens, hundreds and thousands:
- Subtracting from 10, 100 and 1,000
- Subtracting from multiples of 10
- Subtracting from multiples of 100
- Subtracting from multiples of 1,000
- Subtracting from zeros.
In this worksheet, students are working subtracting from multiples of 100.