K5 Learning is safe for your children
The student's area of our website (the pages your child uses after logging in) contains:
- no advertising or commercial messages
- no external links
- no “chat”, message board or similar features
We strongly disagree with the amount of advertising targeted at young children, and we will never target your children with any sort of commercial messages.
We do not collect children's e-mail addresses or other contact information and we will never contact your child in any way.
Children's Privacy Guidelines
- We do not collect any information directly from students other than the performance data they generate as they complete our lessons.
- We do not give the ability for students to publicly post or otherwise distribute personal information.
- We do not distribute to third parties any student's personally identifiable information without prior parental consent.
As your child completes lessons, we do record certain data (“Performance Data”) related to their interactions with the program (e.g. the score on a quiz). We will use Performance Data to measure your child’s performance and to adapt the lessons to his or her learning needs and provide you with progress reports about your child’s performance. In addition, we may aggregate your child’s Performance Data with the Performance Data of other children using our website for marketing and other business related purposes. Aggregate information will be anonymous and will not identify your child.
Parent’s Personal Information Collection & Use
We collect information from parents and other adults when they register on our site, subscribe to our newsletter, enter a contest, respond to a survey, place an order or enter information on our site.
We may use the information we collect from you in the following ways:
- for our own internal record keeping;
- to communicate with you, including by email, for various reasons including your student’s use and progress on K5, the status of your account or for other purposes related to the administration of your account on K5;
- to respond to your customer service requests;
- to process your transactions;
- to administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature
- to send periodic emails regarding the status of or changes to our services or site features;
- to send marketing, marketing research or promotional materials or newsletters by email, including advertorial emails from carefully selected third parties, which you may unsubscribe from if you wish
We do not sell, trade or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information except as described herein unless we have your permission or are required by law.
If another entity acquires our company or business, the personally identifiable information and non-personal information we have about you will and any students you have registered will be transferred to this acquiring entity.
Contests and Promotions:
We may offer contests and other promotions that may require registration. By entering any contest or promotion, personally identifiable information may be disclosed to third parties in connection with the administration of such, contest or promotion, including, without limitation, in connection with winner selection, prize fulfillment and as otherwise required by law or permitted by the promotion’s rules.
Use of Contractors
We may retain the service of outside contractors to perform services on our behalf (for example, software programming, technical support or email list management). At times, we may disclose relevant personally identifiable information about you to our contractors so they may provide these specific services for us. We require our contractors to keep this information confidential and to only use the information on our behalf.
Disclosures Required by Law
We reserve the right to disclose your personally identifiable information when we believe in good faith that an applicable law, regulation, or legal process requires it, or when we believe disclosure is necessary to protect or enforce our rights or the rights of another user.
What security measures do we take?
K5 has taken reasonable steps to ensure that all information received from our subscribers is secure against unauthorized access and use. All credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and we do not store or process credit card information on our servers.
However, no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure and any information disclosed online can potentially be collected and used by parties other than the intended recipient.
K5 uses “cookies”. A cookie is a small amount of data sent to your browser from our web server and stored on your computer, then sent back to the server by your browser each time you access our website. Cookies enable us to track usage of our website, to remember and process items in shopping carts, to log parents and students into different learning modules and to help us track and save user preferences for future visits. Cookies are not used to gather personal information from your computer.
If you disable cookies in your browser certain features of our website may not work properly.