Sample Lesson: Click to Play
Kindergarten: algebra. Explore simple pictorial, rhythmic and symbolic linear patterns at the Penguin Parade.
Explore simple pictorial, rhythmic and symbolic linear patterns at the Penguin Parade.
3+2 = 2+3. K5 introduces kids to algebra
K5 introduces algebraic thinking to kids to broaden and deepen their understanding of math concepts.
Kindergarten and grade 1 algebraic thinking involves recognizing, describing and extending patterns. By grade 5 we have introduced the concept of functions and variables, and laid the foundation for later studies in algebra.
Why algebra for kids?
Early algebra is a generalization of the arithmetic skills learned by kids in elemenatary school. Early exposure to algebraic thinking can deepen the understanding of math concepts.
Beginning Algebra Activities
Our online algebra lessons help kids learn to:
- Identify and extend pictorial or symbolic patterns
- Find the missing element in patterns and identify the repeating part of the pattern
- Understand numerical relationships
- Understand the commutative principal (i.e. 3+2 = 2+3)
- Represent relationships as numerical equations
- Understand variables, use variables to represent unknown quantities, and write equations with variables
Bite-sized lessons provide flexibility
Lessons are broken into 5-10 minute segments so that study sessions can be short and flexible. Most kids learn better with more frequent but shorter study sessions.
What is K5?
K5 Learning is an online reading and math program for kids in kindergarten to grade 5. Kids work at their own level and their own pace through over 3,000 and activities.
Designed principally for after school study and summer study, K5 is also used by homeschoolers, special needs, and gifted kids. K5 helps your children build good study habits and excel in school.