Reading and Math Assessment
Free assessment of your child's reading and math skills
As part of our free 14-day trial, your child will receive:
- a free online reading assessment,
- a free online math assessment, and
- access to our complete program including K5 Reading, K5 Math and K5 Spelling.
Sign up for your free trial today! No credit card required.
K5 starts with assessment
We offer K5 students free online assessments in eight key reading and math skills. This data is used to personalize your child’s learning program according to your child’s needs.
How the assessment works
An animated character will guide your child through the online assessment. There is nothing to download or install. Your child will be asked a series of questions in different skill areas.
An in-depth review of the assessment technology used by K5 can be downloaded here.
Free reports for parents
Your child’s free reading and math assessment reports will be available immediately (sample report). The reports provide an objective evaluation of your child’s reading and math skills.
After assessment: personalized instruction
Strong in phonics? Then your child will begin with higher level phonics lessons. K5 customizes its lessons for each reading and math skill evaluated during the assessment, which means your child receives a personalized online learning program – at a fraction of the price for a tutor.
5 Key Reading Skills:
- Phonemic Awareness – identifying and working with individual sounds in spoken words.
- Phonics – understanding the relationships between written letters and spoken sounds.
- Sight Words – recognizing high frequency words to increase reading fluency.
- Vocabulary - understanding words and constructing meaning from their context.
- Reading Comprehension – understanding of fiction and non-fiction reading materials.
3 Key Math Skills: